The Lab and Personnel
Editor and Editorial Board
- Haque F, Wang S, Stites C, Chen L, Wang C, Guo P. Single pore translocation of folded, double-stranded, and tetra-stranded DNA through channel of bacteriophage phi29 DNA packaging motor. Biomaterials 53: 744-752 (2015). [Link]
- Lee TJ, Haque F, Shu D, Yoo J, Li H, Yokel R, Horbinski C, Kim T, Kim S, Kwon C, Nakano I, Kaur B, Guo P, Croce CM. RNA nanoparticle as a vector for targeted siRNA delivery into glioblastoma mouse model. Oncotarget, Advance Online (2015). [Link]
- Rychahou P, Haque F, Shu Y, Zaytseva Y, Weiss HL, Lee EY, Mustain W, Valentino J, Guo P, Evers BM. Delivery of RNA Nanoparticles into Colorectal Cancer Metastases Following Systemic Administration. ACS Nano. 2015 Feb 24;9(2):1108-16. [link]
- Guo P, Grainge I, Zhao Z, Vieweger M. Two classes of nucleic acid translocation motors: rotation and revolution without rotation. Cell Biosci. 2014 Sep 16;4(1):54. doi: 10.1186/2045-3701-4-54. eCollection 2014. [link]
- Khisamutdinov EF, Li H, Jasinski DL, Chen J, Fu J, Guo P. Enhancing immunomodulation on innate immunity by shape transition among RNA triangle, square and pentagon nanovehicles. Nucleic Acids Res. 2014 Nov 1;42(15):9996-10004. [link]
- Jasinski DL, Khisamutdinov EF, Lyubchenko YL, Guo P. Physicochemically Tunable Polyfunctionalized RNA Square Architecture with Fluorogenic and Ribozymatic Properties.
ACS Nano. 2014 Jul 21. [link]
- De-Donatis GM, Zhao Z, Wang S, Huang LP, Schwartz C, Tsodikov OV, Zhang H, Haque F and Guo P. Finding of widespread viral and bacterial revolution dsDNA translocation motors distinct from rotation motors by channel chirality and size. Cell & Bioscience 2014, 4:30. Highly Accessed [link]
- Guo P, Zhao Z, Haak J, Wang S, Wu D, Meng B and Weitao T. Common mechanisms of DNA translocation motors in bacteria and viruses using one-way revolution mechanism without rotation. Biotechnology Advances. 32 (2014) 853–872. [pdf].
- Guo P. Biophysical Studies Reveal New Evidence for One-Way Revolution Mechanism of Bacteriophage phi29 DNA Packaging Motor. Biophysical Journal. 2014 May 6;106(9):1837-8.
- Binzel DW, Khisamutdinov EF, Guo P. Entropy-Driven One-Step Formation of Phi29 pRNA 3WJ from Three RNA Fragments. Biochemistry. 2014 Apr 15;53(14):2221-31. [link]
- Khisamutdinov EF, Jasinski DL, Guo P. RNA as a Boiling-Resistant Anionic Polymer Material To Build Robust Structures with Defined Shape and Stoichiometry. ACS Nano. 2014 May 27;8(5):4771-81. Honored as ACS Editors’ Choice [link]
- Shu Y, Pi F, Sharma A, Rajabi M, Haque F, Shu D, Leggas M, Evers BM, Guo P. Stable RNA nanoparticles as potential new generation drugs for cancer therapy. Adv Drug Deliv Rev. 2014 Feb;66C:74-89.
- Shu D, Khisamutdinov E, Zhang L and Guo P. Programmable folding of fusion RNA in vivo and in vitro driven by pRNA 3WJ motif of phi29 DNA packaging motor. Nucleic Acids Res. 2014 Jan;42(2):e10.
- Fang H, Zhang P, Huang LP, Zhao Z, Pi F, Montemagno C, Guo P. Binomial distribution for quantification of protein subunits in biological Nanoassemblines and functional nanomachines. Nanomedicine. 2014 Mar 17. [link]
- Zhang H, Guo P. Single molecule photobleaching (SMPB) technology for counting of RNA, DNA, protein and other molecules in nanoparticles and biological complexes by TIRF instrumentation. Methods. 2014 Jan 15. pii: S1046-2023(14)00011-5. doi: 10.1016/j.ymeth.2014.01.010. [link]
- Feng L, Li SK, Liu H, Liu CY, Lasance K, Haque F, Shu D, Guo P. Ocular Delivery of pRNA Nanoparticles: Distribution and Clearance After Subconjunctival Injection.
Pharm Res. 2014 Apr;31(4):1046-58.
- Wang S, Haque F, Rychahou PG, Evers BM, Guo P. Engineered Nanopore of Phi29 DNA-Packaging Motor for Real-Time Detection of Single Colon Cancer Specific Antibody in Serum. ACS Nano. 2013 Nov 26;7(11):9814-22. [link]
- Guo P, Schwartz C, Haak J, Zhao Z. Discovery of a New Motion Mechanism of Biomotors Analogous to the Earth Revolving around the Sun without Rotation. Virology 446 (2013) pp. 133-143. [link].
- Schwartz C, De Donatis GM, Zhang H, Fang H, Guo P. Revolution rather than rotation of AAA+ hexameric phi29 nanomotor for viral dsDNA packaging without coiling. Virology. 2013 Aug 15;443(1):28-39.
- Schwartz C, De Donatis GM, Fang H, Guo P. The ATPase of the phi29 DNA packaging motor is a member of the hexameric AAA+ superfamily. Virology. 2013 Aug 15;443(1):20-7. [link]
- Shu Y, Shu D, Haque F, Guo P. Fabrication of pRNA Nanoparticles to Deliver Therapeutic RNAs and Bioactive Compounds into Tumor Cells. Nature Protocols 8, 1635–1659 (2013). [link]
- Li M, Yang Y, He ZX, Zhou ZW, Yang T, Guo P, Zhang X, Zhou SF. MicroRNA-561 Promotes Acetaminophen-Induced Hepatotoxicity in Hepg2 Cells and Primary Human Hepatocytes through Down-Regulation of the Nuclear Receptor Co-Repressor Dosage-Sensitive Sex Reversal Adrenal Hypoplasia Congenital Critical Region on X Chromosome, Gene 1 (DAX-1). Drug Metab Dispos. 2013 Oct 8. [link]
- Qiu M, Khisamutdinov E, Zhao Z, Pan C, Choi J, Leontis N, Guo P. RNA nanotechnology for computer design and in vivo computation. Phil Trans R Soc A 371: 20120310 (2013). [link]
- Leontis N, Sweeney B, Haque F, Guo P. Conference Scene: Advances in RNA nanotechnology promise to transform medicine. Nanomedicine, July 2013, Vol. 8, No. 7, Pages 1051-1054. [link]
- Zhang H, Endrizzi J, Shu Y, Haque F, Sauter C, Shlyakhtenko L, Lyubchenko Y, Guo P, Chi Y. Crystal Structure of 3WJ Core Revealing Divalent Ion-promoted Thermostability and Assembly of the Phi29 Hexameric Motor pRNA. RNA 2013 Sep;19(9):1226-37. [link]
- Schwartz C, Guo P. Ultrastable pRNA hexameric ring gearing hexameric phi29 DNA-packaging motor by revolving without rotating and coiling.
Curr Opin Biotechnol. 2013 Aug;24(4):581-90. [link]
- Shu Y, Haque F, Shu D, Li W, Zhu Z, Kotb M, Lyubchenko Y, Guo P.
Fabrication of 14 different RNA nanoparticles for specific tumor targeting without accumulation in normal organs. RNA. 2013 Jun;19(6):767-77. doi: 10.1261/rna.037002.112. Epub 2013 Apr 19. [link]
- Yin JJ, Sharma S, Shumyak SP, Wang ZX, Zhou ZW, Zhang Y, Guo P, Li CZ, Kanwar JR, Yang T, Mohapatra SS, Liu W, Duan W, Wang JC, Li Q, Zhang X, Tan J, Jia L, Liang J, Wei MQ, Li X, Zhou SF. Synthesis and biological evaluation of novel folic acid receptor-targeted, β-cyclodextrin-based drug complexes for cancer treatment. PLoS One. 2013 May 2;8(5):e62289. [link]
- Zhao Z, Khisamutdinov E, Schwartz C, Guo P. Mechanism of One-Way Traffic of Hexameric Phi29 DNA Packaging Motor with Four Electropositive Relaying Layers Facilitating Antiparallel Revolution. ACS Nano. 2013. 7(5):4082-92. [link]
- Geng J, Wang S, Fang H, Guo P. Channel Size Conversion of Phi29 DNA-Packaging Nanomotor for Discrimination of Single- and Double-Stranded Nucleic Acids. ACS Nano. 2013. 7(4):3315-23. [link]
- Haque F, Li J, Wu H, Liang X, Guo P. Solid-state and biological nanopore for real-time sensing of single chemical and sequencing of DNA. Nano Today. 2013 Feb; 8(1): 56-74. [link]
- Haque F, Geng J, Montemagno C, and Guo P. Incorporation of viral DNA packaging motor channel in lipid bilayers for real-time, single-molecule sensing of chemicals and double-stranded DNA. Nature Protocols. 2013. 8: 373–392.
- Reif R, Haque F, Guo P. Fluorogenic RNA Nanoparticles for Monitoring RNA Folding and Degradation in Real Time in Living Cells. Nucleic Acid Ther. 2012 Dec;22(6):428-37. [link]
- Shim J, Geng J, Ahn C and Guo P. Formation of lipid bilayers inside microfluidic channel array for monitoring membrane-embedded nanopores of phi29 DNA packaging nanomotor. Biomed Microdevices. 2012 Oct;14(5):921-8.
- Haque F, Shu D, Shu Y, Shlyakhtenko L, Rychahou P, Evers M, Guo P. Ultrastable synergistic tetravalent RNA nanoparticles for targeting to cancers. Nano Today. 2012 Aug;7(4):245–57. [link]
- Guo P, Haque F, Hallahan B, Reif R, Li H. Uniqueness, advantages, challenges, solutions, and perspectives in therapeutics applying RNA nanotechnology. Nucleic Acid Ther. 2012 Aug;22(4):226-45. [link]
- Guo P. Rolling Circle Transcription of Tandem siRNA to Generate Spherulitic RNA Nanoparticles for Cell Entry. Mol Ther Nucleic Acids. 2012 August; 1(8): e36.
- Zhang H, Schwartz C, De Donatis GM , and Guo P. ‘‘Push Through One-Way Valve’’ Mechanism of Viral DNA Packaging. Advances in Virus Research. 2012. 83: 415-465.
- Haque F, Lunn J, Fang H, Smithrud D, Guo P. Real-time sensing and discrimination of single chemicals using the channel of phi29 DNA packaging nanomotor. ACS Nano. 2012 Apr 24;6(4):3251-61. [link]
- Fang H, Jing P, Haque F and Guo P. 2012. Role of channel lysines and the "push through a one-way valve" mechanism of the viral DNA packaging motor. Biophys J. 2012 Jan 4;102(1):127-35. [link]
- Schwartz C, Fang H, Huang L and Guo P. 2012. Sequential action of ATPase, ATP, ADP, Pi and dsDNA in procapsid-free system to enlighten mechanism in viral dsDNA packaging. Nucleic Acids Res. (2012) 40 (6): 2577-2586. [link]
- Shu D, Shu Y, Haque F, Abdelmawla S and Guo P. 2011. Thermodynamically stable RNA three-way junction for constructing multifunctional nanoparticles for delivery of therapeutics. Nature Nanotechnology. 6(10):658-67. [link]
- Geng J and Guo P. 2011. Membrane-embedded channel of bacteriophage phi29 DNA-packaging motor for single molecule sensing and nanomedicine. Chinese Bulletin of Life Sciences. 23(11):1114-29. [link]
- Geng J, Fang H, Haque F, Zhang L and Guo P. 2011. Three reversible and controllable discrete steps of channel gating of a viral DNA packaging motor. Biomaterials. 32(32):8234-42 [link]
- Shu Y, Cinier M, Shu D and Guo P. 2011. Assembly of Multifunctional Phi29 pRNA Nanoparticles for Specific Delivery of SiRNA and other Therapeutics to Targeted Cells. Methods. 54(2):204-14. [link]
- Shukla GC, Haque F, Tor Y, Wilhelmsson LM, Toulmé JJ, Isambert H, Guo P, Rossi JJ, Tenenbaum SA, Shapiro BA. 2011. A boost for the emerging field of RNA nanotechnology. ACS Nano. 5(5):3405-18 [link]
- Abdelmawla S, Guo S, Zhang L, Pulukuri SM, Patankar P, Conley P, Trebley J, Guo P, Li QX. 2011. Pharmacological Characterization of Chemically Synthesized Monomeric phi29 pRNA Nanoparticles for Systemic Delivery. Mol Ther. 19(7):1312-22. [link]
- Shu Y, Cinier M, Fox SR, Ben-Johnathan N, Guo P. 2011. Assembly of Therapeutic pRNA-siRNA Nanoparticles Using Bipartite Approach. Mol Ther. 19(7):1304-11. [link]
- Laing, B. M., Guo P, and D. E. Bergstrom. 2011. Optimized method for the synthesis and purification of adenosine - Folic acid conjugates for use as transcription initiators in the preparation of modified RNA. Methods. 54(2):260-6. [link]
- Zhou J, Shu Y, Guo P, Smith DD, and Rossi JJ. 2011. Dual Functional RNA Nanoparticles Containing Phi29 Motor pRNA and Anti-gp120 Aptamer for Cell-type Specific Delivery and HIV-1 Inhibition. Methods. 54(2):284-94. [link]
- Guo P. 2011. RNA Nanotechnology: methods for synthesis, conjugation, assembly and application of RNA nanoparticles. Methods. 54(2):201-3. [link]
- Tarapore P, Shu Y, Guo P, Ho SM. 2011. Application of Phi29 Motor pRNA for Targeted Therapeutic Delivery of siRNA Silencing Metallothionein-IIA and Survivin in Ovarian Cancers. Mol Ther.19 2, 386–394 [link][pdf]
- Liu J, Guo S, Cinier M, Shlyakhtenko L, Shu Y, Chen C, Shen G, and Guo P. 2011. Fabrication of Stable and RNase- Resistant RNA Nanoparticles Active in Gearing the Nanomotors for Viral DNA Packaging. ACS Nano. 5 (1), 237 [link] [pdf]
- Green DJ, Wang JC, Xiao F, Cai Y, Balhorn R, Guo P, Cheng RH. 2010. Self-Assembly of Heptameric Nanoparticles Derived from Tag-Functionalized Phi29 Connectors. ACS Nano, 4 (12), 7651–7659 [link] [pdf]
- Shu D, Zhang H, Petrenko R, Meller J, and Guo P. 2010. Dual-Channel Single-Molecule Fluorescence Resonance Energy Transfer to Establish Distance Parameters for RNA Nanoparticles. ACS Nano, 4 (11), 6843–6853
- Guo P. 2010. The emerging field of RNA nanotechnology. Nature Nanotechnology. 5, 833 [link] [pdf]
- Ma, X., D. Wang, Y. Wu, R. Ho, L. Jia, Guo P, L. Hu, G. Xing, Y. Zeng, and X. J. Liang. 2010. AIDS Treatment with Novel Anti-HIV Compounds Improved by Nanotechnology. The AAPS Journal. 12:272-278. [link][pdf]
- Jing P, Haque F, Shu D, Montemagno CD, and Guo P. 2010. One-Way Trafﬁc of a Viral Motor Channel for Double-Stranded DNA Translocation. Nano Lett, 2010, 10 (9), 3620.[link]
- Xiao F, Demeler B. and Guo P. 2010. Assembly Mechanism of the Sixty-Subunit Nanoparticles via Interaction of RNA with the Reengineered Protein Connector of phi29 DNA-Packaging Motor. ACS Nano, 4 (6): 3293–3301. [link][pdf]
- Jing P, Haque F, Vonderheide AP, Montemagno C and Guo P. 2010. Robust Properties of Membrane-Embedded Connector Channel of Bacterial Virus Phi29 DNA Packaging Motor. Mol. BioSyst. 2010, 6, 1844-1852 [link]
- Zhang H, Shu D, Wang W and Guo P. 2010. Design and application of single fluorophore dual-view imaging system containing both the objective- and prism-type TIRF. Proc. of SPIE. 7571, 757107. [link][pdf]
- Guo P, Coban O, Snead NM, Trebley J, Hoeprich S, Guo S, Shu Y. 2010. Engineering RNA for targeted siRNA delivery and medical application. Adv Drug Deliv Rev. 62 (6): 650-666.[link] [pdf]
- Wendell, D., Jing, P., Geng, J., Subramaniam, V., Lee, T. J.,
Montemagno, C. D. & Guo P. 2009. Translocation of double stranded DNA through membrane
adapted phi29 motor protein nanopore. Nature Nanotechnology. 4(11):765-72. [link][pdf]
- Lee,T.J., Zhang, H., Chang,C., Savran,C, and Guo P.
2009.Engineering of the fluorescent-energy-conversion arm of phi29 DNA packaging motor for single-molecule studies. Small. 5(21):2453-9[link][pdf].
- Xiao F., Cai Y., Wang,
J.C., Green D., Cheng R.H.,
Demeler, B.,and Guo, P. 2009. Adjustable Ellipsoid Nanoparticles
Assembled from Re-engineered Connectors of the Bacteriophage Phi29 DNA
Packaging Motor. ACS Nano. 2009 Aug 25;3(8):2163-70 [link][pdf]
- Lee T, Schwartz C, and Guo P. 2009. Construction of Bacteriophage Phi29 DNA Packaging Motor and Its Applications in Nanotechnology and Therapy. Annals of Biomedical Engineering. 37; 2064-2081[link][pdf]
- Feng Xiao, JinChuan Sun, Oana Coban, Peter Schoen, Joseph Che-Yen
Wang, R.Holland Cheng, and Peixuan Guo. 2009. Fabrication of Massive
Sheets of Single Layer Patterned Arrays Using Lipid Directed
Reengineered Phi29 Motor Dodecamer. ACS Nano. 2009, 3(1).100-107
- Zhang H, Shu D, Browne M, and Guo P.2009. Construction of a laser combiner
for dual fluorescent single molecule imaging of pRNA of phi29
DNA-packaging motor. Biomedical Microdevices, 12, 97-106. [link][pdf].
- Moon JM, Akin D, Xuan Y, Ye PD, Guo P, Bashir R. 2009. Capture and alignment of phi29 viral particles in sub-40 nanometer porous alumina membranes. Biomed Microdevices.
(2009) 11:135–142 [link]
- Zhang HM, Su Y,
Guo S, Yuan J, Lim T, Liu J, Guo P, Yang D. 2009. Targeted delivery of
anti-coxsackievirus siRNAs using ligand-conjugated packaging RNAs. Antiviral Res.Volume 83, Issue 3, 307-316 [link] [pdf]
- Li, L., Liu, J., Diao,
D., Guo, P., Shen G..
2009. Evaluation of specific delivery of chimeric phi29
pRNA/siRNA nanoparticles to multiple tumor cells. Molecular Biosystems, 2009, 5, 1361 - 1368 [link] [pdf]
- Zhang,H., Shu,D., Browne,M., and Guo,P. 2009. Approaches for
stoichiometry and distance measurement within nanometer bio-complex by
dual-channel single molecule imaging. Proc. of IEEE-NIH Life
Science Systems and Applications Workshop 2009 (LISSA 2009) 124-127. [link][pdf]
- Yi Shu, Dan Shu, Zhijuan Diao, Guanxin Shen, and Guo,P. 2009.
Fabrication of polyvalent therapeutic RNA nanoparticles for specific
delivery of siRNA, ribozyme and drugs to targeted cells for cancer
therapy. Proc. of IEEE-NIH Life Science Systems and Applications
Workshop 2009 (LISSA 2009) 9-12. [link][pdf]
- Chang C-L, Zhang H, Shu D, Guo P, Savran C. 2008.
Bright-field analysis of Φ29 DNA packaging motor using a
magneto-mechanical system. Applied Physics Letters 93:153902 [link]
- Cai Y, Xiao F, Guo P. 2008. The effect of N- or C-terminal alterations of the connector of bacteriophage phi29 DNA packaging motor on procapsid assembly, pRNA binding, and DNA packaging. Nanomedicine, 4, 8-18. [link]
- Xiao, F., H. Zhang, and P. Guo. 2008. Novel mechanism of hexamer ring assembly in protein/RNA interactions revealed by single molecule imaging. Nucleic Acids Res 36 (20):6620-6632 [link] [pdf]
- Lee,T.J., Zhang,H., Liang,D., & Guo,P.2008. Strand and nucleotide-dependent ATPase activity of gp16 of bacterial virus phi29 DNA packaging motor. Virology 380, 69-74
- Ko SH, Chen Y, Shu D, Guo P, Mao C. 2008. Reversible switching of pRNA activity on the DNA packaging motor of bacteriophage phi29. J Am Chem Soc. 130(52):17684-7 [link]
- Fang Y, Shu D, Xiao F, Guo P, Qin PZ. 2008. Modular assembly of chimeric phi29 packaging RNAs that support DNA packaging. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 372(4):589-94 [link]
- DiMauro AJ, Lin D, Guo S, Karr DB, Tanner JJ, Guo P. 2007. Crystallization of phi29 spindle-shaped nano-bar anti-receptor with glycosidase domain. J Nanoscience and Nanotechnology. 7: 2616–2622.[link][pdf]
- Guo P. and Lee T. 2007. Viral nanomotors for packaging of dsDNA and dsRNA. Molecular Microbiology 64(4), 886-903. [link][pdf]
- Shu D, Zhang H, Jin J, Guo P, 2007. Counting of six pRNAs of phi29
DNA-packaging motor with customized single-molecule dual-view system. The EMBO Journal 26, 527 - 537
- Zhang H, Shu D, Huang F, Guo P. 2007. Instrumentation and metrology for single RNA counting in biological complexes or nanoparticles by a single molecule dual-view system. RNA, 13, 1793–1802. [link][pdf]
- Moll D and Guo P. 2007. Grouping of Ferritin and Gold Nanoparticles Conjugated to pRNA of the Phage phi29 DNA-Packaging Motor. J Nanoscience and Nanotechnology. 7: 3257–3267. [link][pdf]
- Liu H, Guo S, Roll R, Li J, Diao Z, Shao N, Riley MR, Cole AM, Robinson JP, Snead NM, Shen G, and Guo P. 2007. Phi29 pRNA Vector for Efficient Escort of Hammerhead Ribozyme Targeting Survivin in Multiple Cancer Cells. Cancer Biol. Ther. 6(5):697-704. [link]
- Sun J, Cai Y, Moll D, and Guo P. 2006. Controlling
bacteriophage phi29 DNA-packaging motor by addition or discharge of a
peptide at N-terminus of connector protein that interacts with pRNA.
Nucleic Acids Research. 34(19):5482-90
- Guo S, Huang F, and Guo P. 2006. Construction of folate-conjugated
phage phi29 motor pRNA for delivery of chimeric siRNA to nasopharyngeal
carcinoma cells. Gene Ther. 13,814-820.
- Lee T and Guo P. 2006. Interaction of gp16 with pRNA and DNA for
genome packaging by the motor of bacterial virus phi29. J Mol
Biol. (2006)356: 589-599.[link][pdf]
- Khaled A, Guo S, Li F, Guo P. 2005. Controllable Self-Assembly of
Nanoparticles for Specific Delivery of Multiple Therapeutic Molecules to
Cancer Cells Using RNA Nanotechnology. Nano Letters. 5: 1797-1808.
- Guo P. 2005. RNA Nanotechnology: Engineering, Assembly and Applications in Detection, Gene Delivery and Therapy. Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology; 5(12): 1964-1982.[http://docs.lib.purdue.edu/nanodocs/19]
- Guo P. 2005. A Special Issue on Bionanotechnology. Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology; 5(12): i-iii.[http://docs.lib.purdue.edu/nanodocs/18]
- Guo P, Wei C. 2005. Quantum dots for robust and simple assays using single particles in nanodevices. Nanomedicine; 2: 122-124.[link]
- Guo P., 2005. Bacterial Virus phi29 DNA-Packaging Motor and Its Potential Applications in Gene Therapy and Nanotechnology. Methods Mol.Biol. 300:285-324. [link]
- Guo S, Tschammer N, Mohammed S and Guo P. Specific Delivery of
Therapeutic RNAs to Cancer Cells via the Dimerization Mechanism of phi29
Motor pRNA. Human Gene Therapy. 2005, 16(9:) 1097-1109S.
- Shu D, Moll W, and Guo P. 2005. Construction of an Imitating
Nanomotor Driven by Six ATP-binding RNAs of Bacterial Virus Phi29. in
Electrochemical Society 2004 Proceedings - Nanoscale Devices, Materials,
and Biological Systems: Fundamental and
- Moll, D. & Guo, P. 2005. Translocation of nicked but not gapped
DNA by the packaging motor of bacteriophage phi29. J Mol Biol.
- Hall J,Moll D,Zhang W,Guo P,Stonehouse N and Urquidi-Macdonald M, 2005. Determination of molecular size, distance, and stoichiometry of bionanoparticles using nanoscale measurement techniques. Handbook of Nanostructured Biomaterials and Their Applications in Nanobiotechnology, edited by H.S.Nalwa, American Scientific Publishers, Los Angeles (2005) 1, 477-493.
- Xiao F, Moll W, Guo and Guo P. 2005. Binding of pRNA to the
N-terminal fourteen-amino acids of connector protein of bacterialphage
phi29. Nucleic Acids Research 33(8):2640-9.[link][pdf]
- Guo Y, Blocker F, and Guo P. 2005. Construction of connector arrays
with tetragonal to decagonal transition induced by pRNA of phi29
DNA-packaging motor. J Nanoscience and Nanotechnology. 5:856-863. [link][pdf]
- Shu D, Moll D, Deng Z, Mao C, and Guo P. 2004. Bottom-up assembly of
RNA arrays and superstructures as potential parts in nanotechnology.
Nano Letters 4: 1717-1724.
- Shu D., Huang L. and Guo P. 2004. A simple mathematical formula for
stoichiometry quantification of viral and nanobiological assemblage
using slopes of log/log plot curves. J Virol Methods. 115:19-30. [link][pdf]
- Grigoriev D, Moll D, Hall J and Guo P. 2003. Bionanomotors. ENN-Encyclopedia of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology. American Scientific Publishers, Stevenson Ranch. Vol 1:361-374.
- Shu D and Guo P. 2003. A viral RNA that binds ATP and contains
a motif similar to an ATP-binding aptamer from SELEX. J Biol Chem.
278(9): 7119-7125 [link][pdf]
- Hoeprich S, Qi G, Guo S, Shu D, Wang Y and Guo P. 2003. Bacterial
virus phi29 pRNA as a Hammerhead Ribozyme Escort to Destroy Hepatitis B
Virus, Gene Ther. 10:1258-67. [link][pdf]
- Shu D, Huang L, Hoeprich S and Guo P. 2003. Construction of
phi29 DNA-packaging RNA (pRNA) Monomers, Dimers and Trimers With
Variable Sizes and Shapes as Potential Parts for Nano-devices.
Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology 3:1-8 [link][pdf]
- Guo S, Shu D, Simon M and Guo P. 2003. Gene cloning, purification
and stoichiometry quantification of phi29 anti-receptor gp12 with
potential use as special ligand for gene delivery. Gene 315:145-52. [link][pdf]
- Huang L and Guo P. 2003. Use of acetone to attain highly active and
soluble DNA packaging protein Gp16 of Phi29 for ATPase assay. Virology.
Aug 1;312(2):449-457. [link][pdf]
- Huang L and Guo P. 2003. Use of PEG to acquire
highly soluble DNA-packaging enzyme gp16 of bacterial virus phi29 for
stoichiometry quantification. J. J. Virol Meth. 109:235-244. [link][pdf]
- Shu D and Guo P. 2002. Only one pRNA hexamer
but multiple copies of the DNA-packaging protein gp16 are needed for the
motor to package bacterial virus phi29 genomic DNA Virology 309:
- Guo P. 2002. Structure and function of phi29 hexameric RNA that drives the viral DNA packaging motor. Progress in Nucleic Acids Research 72: 415-474. [pdf]
Hoeprich S, Guo P. Computer Modeling of
Three-dimensional Structure of DNA-packaging RNA (pRNA) Monomer, Dimer,
and Hexamer of Phi29 DNA Packaging Motor. J Biol Chem. 2002 Jun
- Guo P. 2002. Methods for Structural and Functional Analysis of pRNA in Bacterial Virus Phi29 DNA Packaging Motor. Acta Biochem Biophys Sin. 43(5):533-543.[link]
- Mat-Arip Y, Garver K, Chen C, Sheng S, Shao Z, Guo
P. 2001.Three-dimensional Interaction of Phi29 pRNA Dimer Probed by
Chemical Modification Interference, Cryo-FM,and Cross-linking. J Biol
Chem. 276(35):32575-84. [link][pdf]
- Zhang C. Trottier, M. and Guo, P. 2001
Chemical modification patterns of active and inactive as well
as procasid-bound and unbound DNA packaging RNA of bacterial virus
phi29. Virology, 281:281-293. [link][pdf]
- M.Trottier, Y. Mat-Arp, C. Zhang, C. Chen, S. Sheng,
Z. Shao, and P. Guo. 2000. Probing the structure of monomers and dimers
of the bacterial virus phi29 hexamer RNA complex by chemical
modification. RNA 6(9): 1257-1266. [link][pdf]
- C. Chen, S. Sheng., Z. Shao, P. Guo. 2000. A Dimer
as a Building Block in Assembling RNA. J. Biol. Chem.275(23):
- K. Garver and P. Guo. 2000. Mapping the inter-pRNA
interaction of phage phi29 pRNA by site-specific photoaffinity
crosslinking. J. Biol. Chem. 275(4): 2817-2824 . [link][pdf]
- Mohammad, T., C. Chen, P. Guo and H.
Morrison. 1999. Photoinduced cross-linking of RNA by cis-ph(phen)2Cl2+
and cis-ph(phen)(phi)l2+. Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry Letters
- Aggarwal, N., H. HogenEsch, P. Guo, A. North,
M. Suckow and S. Mittal. 1999. Biodegradable Alginate Microspheres as a
Delivery System for Naked DNA. Can J. Vet. Res. 63:148-152. [link]
- Chen, C., Zhang C. and P. Guo. 1999. Sequence
requirement for hand-in-hand interaction to form hexameric RNA complex
for phage phi29 DNA packaging. RNA 5:805-818. [link][pdf]
- Guo, P., C. Zhang, Chen, C., K. Garver, M. Trottier
and C. Chen. 1998. Inter-RNA Interaction of phage phi29 pRNA to
Form a Hexameric Complex for DNA Transportation. Mol. Cell 2:149-155.
Featured in Cell [link]
- Trottier, M., Garver, K., Zhang, C. and P.
Guo. 1997. DNA-packaging pRNA as target for complete inhibition of viral
assembly in vitro and in vivo. Nucleic Acids Symposium
- Chen, C., Trottier, M. C. and P. Guo. 1997.
New approaches to stoichiometry determination and mechanism
investigation on RNA involved in intermediate reactions. Nucleic Acid
Symp Series. 36:190-193.
- Chen, C. and P. Guo. 1997. Sequential action
of six DNA-packaging pRNA during phage phi29 genomic DNA translocation.
J. Virology 71:3864-3871. [link]
- Garver, K. and P. Guo. 1997. Boundary of pRNA
functional domains and minimum pRNA sequence requirement for specific
connector binding and DNA packaging of phage phi29. RNA
- Chen, C. and P. Guo. 1997. Magnesium-induced
conformational change of pRNA for procapsid recognition and binding
during bacteriophage phi29 DNA packaging. J. Virology 71: 495-500.
Trottier, M. and P. Guo. 1997.
Approaches to Determine Stoichiometry of Viral Assembly
Components. J. Virology, 71:487-494. [link]
- Zhang, C. L., T. Tellinghuiesn and P.
Guo. 1997. Use of circular permutation to assess six bulges and
four loops of DNA-packaging pRNA of bacteriophage phi29. RNA 3:315-322.
- Huang, Q., Y. Mat-Arip, and P. Guo. 1997.
Sequencing of a 5.5-kb DNA fragment and identification of a gene coding
for a subunit of the helicase/primase complex of avian Laryngotracheitis
virus (ILTV). Virus Gene 15:(2): 119-121. [link]
- Trottier, M., C. L. Zhang, and P. Guo. 1996.
Complete inhibition of virion assembly in vivo with mutant pRNA
essential for phage phi29 DNA packaging. J Virol 70:55-61. [pdf]
- Lee, C. S. and P. Guo. 1995. Sequential
interactions of structural proteins in phage phi29 procapsid assembly. J
Virol 69:5024-5032. [link][pdf]
- Lee, C. S. and P. Guo. 1995. In vitro assembly
of infectious virions of ds-DNA phage phi29 from cloned gene products
and synthetic nucleic acids. J Virol 69:5018-5023. [link]
- Zhang, C. L., T. Tellinghuiesn, and P. Guo.
1995. Confirmation of the helical structure of the 5’/3’ termini of the
essential DNA packaging pRNA of phage phi29. RNA 1:1041-1050. [link]
- Zhang, C. L., M. Trottier, and P. Guo. 1995.
Circularly permuted viral pRNA active and specific in the packaging of
bacteriophage phi29 DNA. Virology 207:442-451. [link][pdf]
- Zhang, C. L., K. Garver, and P. Guo. 1995.
Inhibition of phage phi29 assembly by antisense oligonucleotides
targeting viral pRNA essential for DNA packaging. Virology
- Scholz, E. and P. Guo. 1995. Construction of
Recombinant Avian Infectious Laryngotracheitis Virus with TK Gene
disrupted by ß-gal Coding Sequence. In Imm Viral Inf. Proc.
3rd Intl Cong Vet. Virol, 379-384,
- Guo, P., E. Scholz, B. Maloney, and E.
Welniak. 1994. Construction of recombinant avian infectious
laryngotracheitis virus expressing the b-galactosidase gene and DNA
sequencing of the insertion region. Virology 202:771-781.
- Lee, C. and P. Guo. 1994. A highly sensitive
system for the assay of in vitro viral assembly of bacteriophage
phi29 of Bacillus subtilis. Virology 202:1039-1042.
- Scholz, E., R. E. Porter, and P. Guo. 1994.
Differential diagnosis of infectious laryngotracheitis from other avian
respiratory disease by a simplified PCR procedure. J Virol Meth.
- Zhang, C. . L., C. -S. Lee, and P. Guo. 1994.
The proximate 5’ and 3’ ends of the 120-base viral RNA (pRNA) are
crucial for the packaging of bacteriophage phi29 DNA. Virology
- Guo, P. and M. Trottier. 1994. Biological and biochemical properties of the small viral RNA (pRNA) essential for the packaging of the double-stranded DNA of phage phi29. Seminars in Virology 5:27-37.
- Guo, P. 1994. Editor’s Introduction: Principles, perspectives, and potential applications in viral assembly. Seminars in Virology 5(1):1-3.
- Guo, P., E. Scholz, J. Turek, R. Nordgren, and B.
Maloney. 1993. Assembly pathway of avian infectious
laryngotracheitis virus. Am J Vet Res 54:2031-2039.
- Scholz, E., E. Welniak, T. Nyholm, and P. Guo.
1993. An avian hepatoma cell line for the cultivation of infectious
laryngotracheitis virus and for the expression of foreign genes with a
mammalian promotor. J Virol Meth 43:273-286.
- Scholz, E., C. L. Zhang, and P. Guo. 1993.
Transactivation of the early SV40 promoter by avian infectious
laryngotracheitis virus in avian hepatoma cells. J Virol Meth
- Lee, C. -S. and P. Guo. 1993. Tracking and
elimination of a interfering polypeptide co-expressed with the vaccinia
virus mRNA Capping Enzyme. Protein Expression and Purification
- Guo, P., S. Erickson, W. Xu, N. Olson, T. S. Baker,
and D. Anderson. 1991. Regulation of the phage phi29 prohead shape
and size by the portal vertex. Virology 183:366-373.
- Guo, P., B. Rajogopal, D. Anderson, S. Erickson, and
C. -S. Lee. 1991. sRNA of bacteriophage phi29 of B.subtilis
mediates DNA packaging of phi29 proheads assembled in E. coli. Virology
- Guo, P. and B. Moss. 1990. Interaction and
mutual stabilization of the two subunits of vaccinia virus mRNA capping
enzyme co-expressed in Escherichia coli. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA
- Guo, P., S. Goebel, M. Perkus, J. Taylor, E. Norton,
G. Allen, B. Languet, P. Desmettre, and E. Paoletti. 1990.
Coexpression by vaccinia virus recombinants of equine herpesvirus 1
glycoproteins gp13 and 14 results in potentiated immunity. J Virol
- Guo, P. 1990. Characterization of the gene and an
antigenic determinant of equine herpesvirus 1 glycoprotein 14 with
homology to gB-equivalent glycoprotein of other herpesvirus. Gene
- Guo, P., S. Goebel, S. Davis, M. Perkus, B. Languet,
P. Desmettre, G. Allen, and E. Paoletti. 1989. Expression of the
equine herpesvirus type 1 gene encoding glycoprotein gp13 in recombinant
vaccinia virus and protection of immunized animals. J Virol
- Guo, P. 1988. Mechanism of DNA packaging in ds-DNA bacteriophages. Virogica Sinica 2:229-2
- Guo, P. 1988. Inhibition of novobiocin,
coumermycin A, oxolinic acid, nalidixic, ethidium bromide and ATP
analogue on the packaging of phi29 DNA in vitro. Virologica Sinica
- Guo, P., C. Peterson, and D. Anderson. 1987.
Prohead and DNA-gp3-dependent ATPase activity of the DNA packaging
protein gp16 of bacteriophage phi29. J Mol Biol 197:229-236.
- Guo, P., S. Erickson, and D. Anderson. 1987. A
small viral RNA is required for in vitro packaging of bacteriophage
phi29 DNA. Science 236:690-694.
- Guo, P., S. Bailey, J. W. Bodley, and D.
Anderson. 1987. Characterization of the small RNA of the
bacteriophage phi29 DNA packaging machine. Nucleic Acids Res.
- Guo, P., C. Peterson, and D. Anderson. 1987.
Initiation events in in vitro packaging of bacteriophage phi29 DNA-gp3.
J Mol Biol 197:219-228.
- Guo, P., S. Grimes, and D. Anderson. 1986. A
defined system for in vitro packaging of DNA-gp3 of the Bacillus
subtilis bacteriophage phi29. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA
[Pubmed] Publications in Pubmed after 2002